Hose and Couplings
The Yokohama products are well known to wide range industries based on long-term history and communication with excellent customers all over the world. Such industrial machinery as automotives, aircraft and construction machinery use our products to operate equipments for required each purpose even under the very severe conditions. Yokohama's wide range products are always available that support safe and stable functionality at plant facilities and hydrogen plants among other locations. We are currently progressing with the development of products with outstanding environmental performance. These include a “chlorine-free hose” that does not emit any harmful gases when incinerated after use as well as “S-Coupling” that prevents environmental pollution caused by the spilling of residual liquids during the quick connect and quick disconnect processes.
THE YOKOHAMA RUBBER Co., Ltd. (Herein after called YRC) hoses and fittings are designed as integral parts of hose assembly system to be used together and they should only be used together or in conjunction with other types of fittings for YRC.
Failures to do so may result in reducing the hose assembly life or other failures which can result in serious bodily injury or property damage.
Product selection,product installation and hose integration guide lines are essential to the proper operation and safe use of YRC hoses, fittings,hose assemblies and related equipments.
Improper installation of the hoses, fittings and hose assemblies can result in serious injury or property damage.
The main international standards ISO 17165-2 and SAE J1273 strictly warn not to mix hose with fittings from different manufacturers without their approval.
Before using any product, it is important that you analyze all aspects of your application and review the information explained in the current catalogue.
YRC shall not be responsible for any default other than hose, fittings, or hose assembly we supply.
YRC does not represent or warrant any default taken place due to the improper use of hose, fittings or hose assembly. [EX] Hard piping layout,crimping,using inadequate liquid for hose, and so on.
YRC reserves the right to modify any data. Eventual and any kind of modifications can be carried out without any notice.
For more details on the hose shown in this catalog and their application,please be advised to contact your YRC customer service listed above.
※This symbol indicates failure to comply with the indication may cause personal death or injury.
- -1Do not kink the hose.
- Kink the hose causes burst and do not use kinked hose.
- -2Avoid applications where the hose assembly is twisted or pulled.
- Twisting or stretching hose under pressure causes stress concentration of hose or fitting which leads to hose bursting or fitting blow-off.
- -3Protect hose from abrasions.
- If the hose reinforcement is exposed, it causes rust and accelerated damage which leads to hose burst.
- -4Do not touch hose assembly and fittings under pressure.
- If hose or fittings are burst or broken, and a fluid touch the skins, a serious injury including burns may be caused.
- -5Do not repair or rework a hose assembly.
- Repair or rework does not have the same physical characteristics shown in this catalogue, and leading to hose burst or fitting blow-off.
- -6System pressure should not exceed the rated working pressure of the hose assembly.
- Exceeding the rated pressure of hose causes the hose bursting or fitting blow-off.
- -7Avoid the usage exceeding applicable temperature.
- The usage exceeding fluid/ambient temperature cause the hose bursting or fitting blow-off.
- -8Use compatible hydraulic fluid specified on this catalogue.
- The use of an incompatible hydraulic fluid will deteriorate inner tube rubber or thermoplastic and the reinforcement (wire or yarn) resulting in the hose bursting or fitting blow-off.
- -9Avoid the usage exceeding the minimum bending radius.
- The usage of exceeding the minimum bending radius causes the hose burst.
- -10The usages that our products are not intended for.
- ･ Avoid vacuum pressure and external pressure which lead to hose burst or a serious injury.
- ･ Excessive vacuum pressure or external pressure causes the inner tube peel-off or kink which leads to hose failure and reduce service life.
- ･ Avoid submerging hose assemblies in water or high humid. Usage under these condition cause the outer cover peel-off and the rust of wire braded which leads to determination of strength.
- ･ Do not apply an electrical current to a hose assembly. Electrifying a hose leads to a hose failure or an electric shock.
- ･ Avoid excessive vibration. Excessive vibration causes fatigue which leads to leakage or burst.
- -11Selection of hose assembly length.
- Have an enough slack in the hose to allow for changes in length that occur when pressure is applied.
- No slacks in the hose length causes high tension which leads to hose burst or fitting blow-off.
※This symbol indicates failure to comply with the indication may cause personal injury or property damage.
- -1Avoid sealing material going into the fitting or hose.
- Sealing material going into the fitting or hose causes clog or reducing fluid speed.
- -2Prior to assembly, inspect the fitting and sealing surface for foreign object or any other visible objects.
- If any foreign objects on the fitting and sealing surface are not removed, it leads to leakage of fluid.
- -3Tighten hose assemblies to the recommended torque shown in this catalogue.
- If tightening is improper, it cause leakage, joint portion breakage and separation.
- -4Select proper hose assembly matching the opponent joint portion.
- The hose assembly using improper fittings will lead to leakage or hose fitting blow-off.
- -5If the period of hose assembly usage exceeds 2 years, the hose assembly is recommended to replace a new one.
- -6When hose assembly stored over one month, rust proofing for metal of fitting is recommended.
- Rust covered fitting cause contamination of fluid leading to leakage.
- -7Store hose and hose assembly in good condition.
- Store hose and hose assembly in dry room under the temperature of +40｡C (+104｡F).
Protect hose against direct sun light and humidity commendation. The usage under these condition lead to reduce service life or the rust of wire braded.
- -8Avoid damage or deform of hose and hose fitting.
- Keep hose in stress free shape never bent below the min. bend radius.
Do not heavy stuff on hose assembly leading to burst or breakage.
- -9Keep clean the inside of hose assembly.
- Hose assemblies fittings should be capped against damage and contamination. If not, it lead to trouble of fluid for hydraulic circuits.
- -10Storage period of hose should not exceed one year.
- Hose stored in good shape does not stop deterioration of its original characteristic. If not, it lead to deterioration of hose.
Items related to visual inspection of hose and hose fitting recommended by ISO 17165-2.
Hose and hose fittings shall be inspected for the items below listed, which also gives information as to the main causes and corrective action to be taken for each item.
|Failure Symptom||Main cause||Corrective action|
|Leakage from threaded connector||Defective connector seat due to presence of flaw, dirt or other foreign objects||Clean connector seat|
|Loose connector or O-ring wear||Tighten the connector or replace O-ring|
|Mismatching of seat surface||Replace the connector as necessary|
|Leakage from flange connection||Loose fixture bolt or deterioration of O-rings or other seals||Tighten the bolt or replace O-rings or other seals|
|Leakage from hose / connection assembly, hose fitting slippage hose||Deterioration of hose (due to heat, oil,long use, etc.)||Replace the hose|
|Improper routing||Avoid sharp bending at the assembly part|
|Deformation||Kink or dent||External impact||Prevent or protect from impact
|Swell or bulge||Oil spillage (leak)||Replace the hose|
|Visible defects (damaged, cut or abraded cover, exposed reinforcement; kinked, crushed, lattened, or twisted hose; blistered, soft, degraded, or loose cover;cracked,damaged,or badly corroded hose fitting; wear flaws; scratch etc.)||Component interference /
|Prevent or protect from impact /
Replace the hose
|Visible external cracks||Ozone, radiation, paint other fluids||Protect the exterior / Replace the hose|
|Unusual hose movement at starting of operation||Improper hose length
Improper hose routing
|Replace the hose
Correct routing or use adaptive devices
|Hardening / softening, heat cracked, or Charred hose||Deterioration due to fluid or temperature mismatch||Replace the hose as necessary|
|Unusual noise, odor, heat||Improper circuitry||Check the circuit|
|Rusting of joints||Sand dust, water, air salinity||Use protective paint (but not on the exterior surface of the hose)|