Grievance Mechanisms for Impacts on Society
Move the screen to the left or right to see the table information
|Item||FY 2017 results||FY 2018 results|
|Total number of complaints concerning social impact formally submitted to the Grievance Mechanisms for impacts on society
* Number of cases where formal procedures were taken
|(Consolidated) 0||(Consolidated) 0|
Response and support: Corporate Compliance Department, legal and HR departments
Why is “Grievance Mechanisms for Impacts on Society” a critical issue to be addressed?
Explanation of the reason and background
Grievance Mechanisms policy
- We shall respect human rights both inside and outside of the company.
- We shall create safe and healthy workplaces.
- We shall aim for harmony with the global environment.
- We shall provide safe and high quality products and services.
- We shall conduct corporate activities with high transparency and practice proper disclosure of information.
- We shall observe not only laws and regulations but also social norms.
- We shall strive for co-prosperity with local communities.
Overview of Grievance Mechanisms for impacts on society
We began detailed preparation work in 2017 to address the growing need for a global internal whistleblower system covering our overseas business locations. In February 2018, we introduced our global internal whistleblower system at our regional headquarters and tire sales company in China. This system makes it possible for the Corporate Compliance Department to directly assess and respond to issues concerning competition law compliance and anti-bribery reported through the external hotline. Looking ahead, we will steadily expand this system outward from Asia. For details about the system, please see “Compliance.”
The Compliance Officers in procurement and sales departments gather complaints and inquiries from suppliers concerning business transactions through the CSR procurement contact point and other organizations.
Complaints concerning social impact are jointly resolved by the Corporate Compliance Department, Legal Department and HR departments in addition to the responsible department.
<Scope of use of the Grievance Mechanisms>
<Methods for spreading awareness of the Grievance Mechanisms>
<Resolution process when a complaint is submitted>
- The Corporate Compliance Department confirms the facts related to the consultation by the whistle-blower.
- The necessary measures are taken in consultation with the procurement departments and sale & marketing departments.
- The results are directly reported to the whistle-blower if they have disclosed their name. Reminders are issued within the company as necessary if the whistle-blower is anonymous.
Monitoring of the effectiveness of the Grievance Mechanisms
Vision (attainment goal) / target
Measures for vision achievement
We check the existing whistleblower hotlines together with the development of the global internal whistleblowing hotlines which the Corporate Compliance Department intends to use to directly understand and respond to competition law violations and bribery through external consultation, and we are working to improve upon any shortcomings.
Please see “Compliance.”
Additionally, we will create training opportunities for compliance representatives at each business location and enhance sensitivity to ensure that no issues are overlooked.