Bearing in mind that all corporate activities are made possible through the labor of employees, protecting the basic rights of workers is something that is very important for both companies and society.
As a manufacturer with rubber manufacturing plants, Yokohama Rubber has established the Human Resource Policy and Basic Policy Towards Health and Safety, while the Yokohama Rubber Group Action Guidelines stipulate the company's basic policy towards creating safe and healthy workplaces and the actions that should be taken by employees.
Human Resource Policy of Yokohama Rubber
We will create an environment in accordance with our management policy of creating a workplace to value, improve, and energize people, where each of our ever-diversifying personnel can equip themselves with the necessary skills and perform by utilizing their capabilities to the fullest. Also, we aim to create a workplace where our employees can realize a satisfactory work-life balance.
We also respect work-life balance and aim to create a comfortable workplace for all employees.
In addition, we will place the most suitable personnel for the role to play an active role in realizing the business and technology strategies of YX2023, and we will work to strengthen the level of management personnel.
Basic Philosophy towards Health and Safety
Following the Management Policy “Create a workplace that values, improves and energizes people,” Yokohama Rubber shall consider the safety and health to be the basis for everything, and focus on preventing occupational accidents and creating workplaces comfortable and healthy both physically and mentally.
Yokohama Rubber Group Health and Safety Policy
- Giving top priority to the safety and health, participating by all members and developing globally, whole Yokohama Rubber group will improve the safety and health activities.
- Yokohama Rubber will comply with all laws and regulations related to the safety and health, and take continuous improvement for the safety and health.
- Yokohama Rubber will communicate with stake holders and cooperate with value chains to contribute to the local communities and the society.
- Yokohama Rubber will strengthen the use of the Occupational Safety and Health Management System and repeat the PDCA cycle for continuous improvement.
- Yokohama Rubber will carry out Risk Assessments for the “safety of the equipment” and “establishment of the Standard Operating Procedure” to promote reduction of the risk.
- Being a part of the automotive industry, Yokohama Rubber will take preventive measures against traffic accidents.
- Yokohama Rubber will create the safe and comfortable workplace, and take measures to promote physical and mental health positively.
- Yokohama Rubber will make employees recognize the importance of the safety and the health, and provide education and training for them as required.
- Yokohama Rubber shall publish this policy and make it known to all.
Yokohama Rubber Group Action Guidelines
We shall create workplaces that are safe and healthy
<Basic stance of the Yokohama Rubber Group>
- We shall not tolerate child labor or compulsory labor at any of our member companies or suppliers.
- We shall respect the rules governing working hours, days off, leave/vacations, minimum wage, and other factors as defined by laws and regulations in host countries and regions (i.e., those where we do business).
- We shall place top priority on the assurance of safety and health in the workplace, and strive to prevent accidents and disasters.
- We shall aim for the growth of all members of the Yokohama Rubber Group through their work, and proactively support their career and capacity development.
- We shall confer with worker representatives in good faith in order to build and maintain sound labor-management relations.
<To put our basic stance into practice — our action>
- We shall be on guard against the supply of labor by children who have not yet reached the employable age prescribed in the laws and regulations of the host countries, not only at member companies of the Yokohama Rubber Group but also at our suppliers.
- Recognizing that all labor must be supplied voluntarily and that all workers should be able to freely quit their jobs, we shall be on guard against the compulsory or forced supply of any labor.
- In order to build workplaces in which safety and health are assured, we shall proactively participate in activities aimed at the improvement and penetration of rules and systems for safety and health.
- We shall obey rules governing safety and health in the workplace and show concern for a good work-life balance.
- In the event of disasters, we shall respond properly, in accordance with the prescribed rules.
- We shall help employees with problems on the job to deal with them in cooperation with concerned personnel instead of treating them as personal worries or difficulties to be handled by those employees alone.
- People who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs shall not be permitted to enter the workplace.
Message from a manager
In order to realize the business and technology strategies of YX2023, we need an environment where diverse human resources can make full use of their strengths and play an active role. To achieve this, we believe it is important to remove prejudices against gender, LGBTQ, and people with disabilities, and to foster a culture in which diverse human resources can respect each other's diverse work styles.
Work styles have changed significantly as a result of COVID-19, and we will adapt to these changes and promote the development of an environment in which all employees can play an even more active role. In addition, we will achieve a workplace where employees can continue to work with peace of mind by balancing thorough infection prevention measures with business continuity. All of our activities are based on the health of our employees, and we will continue to work on health promotion without fail.
General Manager, Head of Global HR Department
In all business location regions around the world, it is important to ingrain the culture of creating "a safe and comfortable working environment and good health" that Yokohama Rubber has fostered.
Through preventing the recurrence of disasters and identification and eradication of latent causes of disasters through safety diagnosis, and follow-ups, and also the elimination of unanticipated risks through risk assessments and education programs for each level, we will create a workplace environment with zero accidents and zero risks.
In addition, we will promote mental health through stress checks, environmental improvement and health checkups through heat measures, and response to new infectious disease risks, as well as health promotion in cooperation with health insurance associations.
General Manager, Head of Safety & Health Management Department, Corporate Social Responsibility Division
Vision for FY 2023
- Become an organization where diverse human resources can perform to the fullest regardless of age, gender, nationality, etc.
- We will establish a safety culture aiming for zero risks by promoting both physical and mental health.
Grievance System for Labor Practices
We have an internal and external (attorney's office) hotline for consultation on labor practice compliance.Whistle-blowing system (Compliance Hotline) and Anything Goes Counseling Service
Main action items to be addressed first
The following items have been established as the main action items that the Yokohama Rubber Group will address first in consideration of the level of impact of business activities and the level of social interest.